The Endomimetics bionanomatrix provides the following key attributes:
- A reservoir for sustained release of nitric oxide, which stimulates healthy normal endothelial cell coverage while limiting smooth muscle cell proliferation and platelet adhesion. The sustained release of nitric oxide promotes normal healthy vasodilation.
- An endothelial cell adhesive molecule, which promotes retention of endothelial cells.
- Self-assembling amino acid chains that are free of solvents typically used in device coatings, which may cause inflammation or be toxic
Advantages of the Endomimetics Bionanomatrix coating:
- Inhibits blood clot formation
- Inhibits renarrowing within a stent or implant
- Encourages healing of the normal arterial lining
- Lacks residual polymer or solvent
- Comprised of completely natural, peptide-based nanofibers