The Endomimetics bionanomatrix provides the following key attributes:
- A reservoir for sustained release of nitric oxide promotes normal healthy vasodilation and inhibits inflammation.
- An endothelial cell adhesive molecule, which promotes retention of endothelial cells.
- Self-assembling amino acid chains that are free of solvents typically used in device coatings, which may cause inflammation or be toxic
Advantages of the Endomimetics Bionanomatrix coating:
- Inhibits blood clot formation
- Inhibits renarrowing within a stent or implant
- Encourages healing of the normal arterial lining
- Lacks residual polymer or solvent
- Comprised of completely natural, peptide-based nanofibers